World Industrial Design Day (WIDD) is observed annually on 29 June in recognition of the profession of industrial design.
This year, WIDD takes on an even bigger meaning as we launch our new name as the World Design Organization and promote the power of the industrial design community to make a difference in the world.
Youth are the leaders of tomorrow at the World Design Organization, and we believe that the time is now to engage this very important cohort of new industrial designers, who represent the future of our industry.
Taking this into account, the theme for WIDD 2016 is: Youth in Design.
WIDD 2016: Youth in Design will not only celebrate the contributions of young industrial designers to the world, but it will also serve as an opportunity to consult with young designers (and those who are young at heart), internationally. We’ll explore the attitudes, values, and skills that young designers bring to the profession, identify how these can be best nurtured in the industry, and examine how youth can play a pivotal role in social and organizational change.
The objectives of WIDD 2016 are threefold:
- Celebrate the contributions of young designers in industrial design.
- Consult with young designers in the millennial cohort
- Raise awareness of industrial design and its role in effecting positive change
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?Here’s how you can get started:
- Consultation Kit (PDF - 310KB)
- Request a city proclamation (PDF - 122KB)
- City guide (PDF - 179KB)
- Educational members guide (PDF - 180KB)
- Corporate members guide (PDF - 164KB)
- Professional members guide (PDF - 163KB)
- Promotional member guide (PDF - 168KB)